RE: [rap-dev] Contribution to RAP project

Hi Joel,

It is great to hear that you want to contribute to the RAP project! We
are currently a little bit below the water line due to the 1.0 release,
that's why the response took longer than expected.

I propose the following process:

There is a component called "sandbox" in RAP, that we created to "make
interesting /promising developments visible and accessible for the
complete community". We would like to make you a committer for the
sandbox component right away, and if you are o.k. with this proposal
then we will start the necessary voting.

As a committer you may contribute code to the project governed by the
committer agreement, and have write access to the RAP sandbox component
in CVS.

See http://www.eclipse.org/projects/dev_process/new-committer.php for
more info about becoming an Eclipse committer.

The community can evaluate and use the code you contribute by checking
it out from CVS. You will need to take care of newsgroup / mailing list
questions and bugzilla bugentries regarding your code.

The sandbox content is not supported by us and is not released with any
of the RAP builds! If functionality from the sandbox is broadly used by
the community, is mature and meets the necessary quality standards we
will move it out of the sandbox into the main development stream, and
you can get CVS write-access to all RAP components.

I hope that this does not sound like a high barrier, in fact we are
trying to lower the barrier and help you to demonstrate that your
contributions will make RAP a better project right away.

Please feel free to contact me, if necessary also by private email, if
you have any questions or concerns.

Cheers

Jochen Krause
RAP Project lead
Innoopract GmbH

P.S: With respect to patches to the RAP main development stream I would
like to encourage you to attach them to bugzilla entries right away (you
don't neeed to wait to become a committer for that) - this is always a
good way to make yourself known.