[rap-dev] M6 released

We are pleased to have the last milestone before RC1 of RAP ready for you to
download on http://www.eclipse.org/rap/downloads.php

Please note that, as with the last milestones, there is no update-site. The release is provided as a target platform. Read more on the download page.

A list of noteworthy new features and changes can be found here:
http://wiki.eclipse.org/index.php/Rap10M6_News

With this milestone the API for RAP 1.0 is freezed. This means that there will be no additional API but also no more breaks before the 1.0 release. Maybe some of you noted that there was heavy activity the last days on CVS in order to have an well defined API. If you develop custom widgets for RAP, please note that some parts of the RWT API needed for this task are still considered provisional. The affected classes are those in the org.eclipse.rwt.lifecycle package, that are related to the widget life cycle, such as AbstractWidgetLCA, *LCAUtil, JSWriter. Although we don't expect heavy changes in this area, we think that technical progress might lead to modifications that also influence custom widgets.

We hope you enjoy
The RAP Team

Back to the top