Re: [rap-dev] SWT vs. RWT ?

Hi,

there is no binary nor complete semantic compatibility between RWT and
SWT for several reasons. Please see the Wiki for further details (wiki.eclipse.org/index.php/WidgetToolkit).

To limit complexity and for limited resources the integration with other web frameworks is beyond the current scope of the technology project.
This may be in the reach of future follow-up projects.

BTW, please use the newsgroups for usage related postings
http://www.eclipse.org/newsportal/thread.php?group=eclipse.technology.rap

Cheers
- RAP-Team

Eric Peukert wrote:
Hello,

short question for beginners:
I write my Applications using RWT. Can I uses those plugins directily in or as a desktop-application, or are all those plugins bound to web-browsers?
Is there a conversion from SWT to RWT?

I have been working on a solutiion which somehow equals RAP but I use ECHO2 as Widget-Toolkit. I am looking for a solution which allows me to combine gwt, rwt, swt and Echo2..
Any ideas on this?

Cheers,
Eric