[qvto-dev] coerceValue()

Dear QVTo developers:

I’m from a group of people who are working on optimizing QVTo engine recently.

We profiled the QVTo engine.

One of the method we found that takes time is the coerceValue() method.

It is located in

After some investigation, I’m still not exactly clear about what this method is used for.

The coerceValue(ETypedElement element, Object value, boolean copy) method is called in two places,

the callOperation() method and the navigateProperty() method.

In both call, the parameter copy is set to true.

For my understanding, this means if the parameter value is of type collection, it will be copied to a new collection as an output.

So my question is why this parameter is always set to true?

Is there possibilities that this parameter can be set to false, so it don’t need to create new collections, which might save time?

Best regards,

Hang

Back to the top