Von: qvto-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:qvto-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] Im Auftrag von Ed Willink
Gesendet: Montag, 8. Septembe
r 2014 15:47
An: QVTOML developer mailing list
Betreff: Re: [qvto-dev] Personal remote branch

Hi

I suspect that you have a readonly (git: or http:) connection to the GIT repo.

You must have a read-write connection e.g

ssh://cgerking@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx/gitroot/mmt/org.eclipse.qvto.git

and you must set up personal SSH keys for the connection. See the various Eclipse GIT set up guides. For new keys I think you can just push them from the Eclipse Team Preference Page.

Thereafter your personal branches should be

    cgerking/whatever-you-like

often

   cgerking/444444

for Bugzilla 444444.

Today "cgerking" is just recommended practice. If/when QVTo starts using Gerrit with strong access constraints, "cgerking/..." will be the only branches that you have delete/push-and-update access to.

For short/sharp developments rebase on master when done. For long running developments, merge master into your development after every milestone.

    Regards

        Ed Willink