[qvtd-dev] OCL 6.2 and Xtext 2.10

Hi

Currently (QVTd 0.13.0) the Xtext grammars must be built with Xtext 2.8.4 because of breaking generator API changes and breaking semantic API changes introduced by Xtext 2.9.

This is a pain, and so partly to ease introduction of Contextual operations and partly triggered by an Xtext newsgroup user having trouble extending EssentialOCL, I had another look and worked around the generator API changes. The semantic API chnages seem insoluble. Only multiple OCL builds work, so OCL is doing a no-change 6.2 very soon (I-build already available) that just re-generates with Xtext 2.10, eliminating all backward installability.

QVTd must track OCL's incompatible pre-requisite Xtext change so 0.14.0 migrates to Xtext 2.10 and cannot be installed earlier (without also installing Xtext 2.10 earlier).

Since the QVTd grammars have no consumers yet, I don't think we need to immediately move on to 0.15.0 leaving 0.13.0+0.14.0 as a double release with double ongoing maintenance streams as will be the case for OCL 6.1+6.2 which moves to 6.3 for ongoing development. I don't really expect a 0.13.1 maintenance release since I hope that 1.0.0 will appear well before Oxygen.

Sorry for the version churn but I see no alternative.

    Regards

        Ed

Back to the top