Re: [qvtd-dev] Xtext nature

Hi Ed,

Thanks for the info.

cs2as plugins doesn't have xtext stuff. The nature came from mwe2.

Regards,
Adolfo.
--
On 11/04/2015 11:02, Ed Willink wrote:
Hi

The imports from *.xtext files have been a consistent problem.

Originally they were import 'platform:/resource/....' and that was fine
in Xtext 2.3 but became solid warnings later.

On investigation it was because Xtext required import 'http:/...' so we
switched and the warnings went away but reappeared as intermittent
metamodel schizophrenia errors.

Xtext 2.8.0 introduces a
"org.eclipse.xtext.grammar.InvalidPackageReference.external" preference
that can now be set to 'ignore' so that we can revert back to import
'platform:/resource/....' and get no warnings.

I've been using this for a couple of days and no warnings/no errors.
Back to where we were with Xtext 2.3.

Now that imports are direct there is no need for the Xtext indexer to
search all *.ecore's and everything else it can find to come up with an
intermittently wrong answer. The Xtext nature has been removed from
nearly all plugins.

Minor irritation: you will get a "Do you want to add the Xtext nature"
pop-up the first time you open each *.xtext file. Answer No, checking
the don't ask again box. We do not need the Xtext indexer to waste build
resources. I've requested a no-pop-up preference.

I think that we only need the Xtext nature in plugins with *.mwe2 or
*.xtend files.

Adolfo: you might care to try removing the Xtext nature from some of
your cs2as plugins.

I may try to split ...build plugins into
     ...build containing *.mwe2 and *.xtend with Xtext nature
     ...resources containing *.ecore, *.uml without Xtext nature
so that no UML2 plugins appear on the ....build classpath.

The general guide seems to be, if there is an Xtext nature, then try as
hard as possible to avoid models in the plugin or on the classpath.
There are many different legacy UML *.ecore for the Xtext indexer to get
its teeth into. Xtext-building org.eclipse.ocl.examples.build can take
90 seconds!

     Regards

         Ed Willink