[qvtd-dev] Branch merging

Hi

I've been trying to tidy up the current branch anarchy so that we have a sensible master that incorporates all the good work, but:

It seems we already have
- many bad rebases - inconsistent usage of OCL plugins
- some bad merges - syntax errors from merge annotations
- some bad files - inconsistent Unix/Windows characteristics

Tidying up is not a trivial job and while it may make the history look tidier it may actually just add a further layer of obfuscation for anyone who really wants to understand the anarchic history.

So I give up.

Please merge all active asanchez and hhoyos branches to provide a single branch that I can merge with master.

In the future please ensure that wherever possible ongoing work is rebased on, or merged from, the most recent unifying master merge of new work. Please avoid continuing work from stale commits.

Please ensure that all projects have explicit Unix, UTF-8 characteristics. Please ensure that all non-binary files are converted to Unix/UTF-8 before committing. Unfortunately some model tools do not get this right. If Windows files are accidentally committed, please rework the offending commits.

If a bad merge is detected, please rework to correct the bad merge at the merge; not four commits later.

    Regards

        Ed Willink

Back to the top