From: qvtd-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:qvtd-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Ed Willink
Sent: 29 May 2014 10:50
To: QVTD developers mailing list
Subject: Re: [qvtd-dev] Logo

Hi

Maybe. Playing with letters is one choice. Unfortunately the V is a bit hidden. Remember 64x64 is restrictive and reduction to 32x32 / 16x16 without disater is desirable.

I had been thinking more in terms of the MDA logo but somehow showing a transformation. However without a trivial sub-icon representing a model ....

See http://www.omg.org/mda/specs.htm#UML for a variety of OMG logos.

The UML box could be adapted trivially for OCL/QVT.

For the existing QVTd icons, UMLX and my corporate logo I was trying to show 'transformation' as a colour/font change, but you need something relatively large to appreciate the change. Font subtleties don't work at all at small sizes.

 Random idea: small size

Top left: a "question mark" to denote a query
Top middle: a "lens" to denote a view
Top right: an "upside down question mark" denoting the transformation by the lens
Bottom: "QVT" possibly with a colour change

May be for Eclipse we change the question mark to the Modeling Project icon.

For OMG in larger sizes, perhaps the question mark can change to the UML box.

    Regards

        Ed