[ptp-user] Debug configurations once again

Hello,

After longer break, I decided to start another attempt to use debug configuration in Eclipse.
  1. Local machine: Windows 10
  2. Remote machine: Linux
  3. Used Eclipse release: Eclipse for Scientific Computing 2020-09 (currently the latest one)
  4. Used JDK: JDK 16
Parallel run configuration works perfectly, but I had problems with debug configuration due to remote port forwarding issue. I tried gatewayports option in the past, but it didn't help. Now I received some more support and setting "AllowTcpForwarding yes" in sshd_config allowed me to start debugging (no need to change gatewayports option). However, there is one crucial problem with this feature. I'm able to set breakpoint, start the application with parameters (output logs are visible on console) and stop on this breakpoint - and that's all. There is no possibility to step into/over, continue etc., because correspongding buttons are disabled. I can only terminate debugging. I remember, that it was mentioned somewhere in the past, that debugger doesn't work for all types of configuration. Is it true? I'm using "Generic Remote Interactive" as Target System Configuration.

BTW. I tied to use independent plugin for debugging to verify issue (Direct Remote C++ Debugging), but I'm not even able to connect to server. It stucks on 20% and when I cancel it, following message appears: "Could not start gdb on the remote host by ssh. See console output for more details". However, no console output is visible. Corresponding run method (Remote C/C++ Application - not Parallel Application) works OK.

Best Regards,

Zakłopotany

Back to the top