Re: [ptp-user] Which should I install Eclipse IDE for Scientific Computing IDE or Eclipse PTP?

Hi Sam,

The Eclipse IDE for Scientific Computing is essentially the Eclipse Platform + CDT + PTP packaged together. If you want to install Fortran in an existing IDE, then you should pick the one of your choice from the main Eclipse downloads page and install PTP from the update site https://download.eclipse.org/tools/ptp/updates/photon using Help>install New Software…

When you say “usable from within Eclipse IDE Che” do you mean using an IDE within your browser? If so, as far as I know, Fortran is not currently supported by Che since it is using a completely different technology from the Eclipse Platform.

Let me know if you need any additional information.

Regards,
Greg