[ptp-user] Can't debug in parallel

Hi,

I'm trying to run the PTP parallel debugger on the MPI Hello World example provided with PTP. I can run the code in parallel just fine, and I can debug the same code with eclipse in serial. But when I run the parallel debugger it gets stuck at "Operation in progress..." and the code never starts. If I press Cancel I get "Launch Error: Error completing debug job launch Reason: Cannot connect to debugger." At that point the Eclipse GUI becomes unresponsive until I kill all the sdm processes that were created.

I tried turning on "Enable SDM tracing" (and all the options listed under it), but that seems to do nothing.

I'm running Eclipse Photon (4.8.0) with PTPĀ  9.2.0.201805221500 on Ubuntu Linux 18.04.2 LTS with openmpi 2.1.1 and gdb 8.1.0.20180409-git.

John

Back to the top