Re: [ptp-user] PTP remote synchronization issue

On Mittwoch, 27. Februar 2019 18:26:52 CET Dr. Christoph Pospiech wrote:
> Version: Eclipse IDE for Scientific Computing
>
> Version: 2018-12 (4.10.0)
> Build id: 20181214-0600
>
> After successfully replicating my local project with a remote copy, the
> message at the lower right corner of the UI ends up switching between
> "Remote Synchronization (4%)" and "Remote Synchronization (7%)". Moreover
> the system monitor signals high CPU activity, but no network traffic, and
> the fan goes off. After setting "active" to "Local", CPU and fan are
> getting quiet again.
>
> Any idea what that could be? Where to look for additional information?
>
> Eventually, Eclipse is working fine, if it weren't for the loud fan.

Update - I got a solution/work around by changing
Project->Synchronization-Autosync Settings from "after save" to "before
build".

However, I am wondering what was being saved continuously all the time to
trigger this repeated replication? This is now only a question out of
curiosity. It can be treated with low priority.

--
Dr. Christoph Pospiech
Senior HPC & AI Performance Engineer

T +49 (351) 86269826
M +49 (171) 7655871
E cpospiech@xxxxxxxxxx

Lenovo Global Technology (Deutschland) GmbH
Meitnerstr. 9
70563 Stuttgart

Geschäftsführung: Christophe Philippe Marie Laurent und Colm Brendan Gleeson
(jeweils einzelvertretungsberechtigt)
Prokura: Dieter Stehle & Henrik Bächle (Einzelprokura)
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Stuttgart
HRB-Nr.: 758298, AG Stuttgart
WEEE-Reg.-Nr.: DE79679404

Back to the top