[ptp-user] OpenMPI 2.1.0

Hi,

I am using ubuntu 16.04 LTS, have just built and installed Open MPI version 2.1.0 from https://github.com/open-mpi/ompi.git,

Installed Eclipse Oxygen.1a Release 4.7.1a with ptp version 9.1.3

sdm from ptp 9.1 branch of https://github.com/eclipse/ptp.git

When I run ptp in Eclipse I get the following warning when setting up a debug environment:

Launch Error:  Only supports Open MPI 1.3 and later.

I have version 2.1.0 Open MPI and it is failing to detect.  I searched  the various java source files in the ptp project but cant easily see where the ptp code is failing to detect my version of mpi.  I did spot some odd hard coded paths that do not match my open mpi installation in /usr/local/lib however these seem unrelated to my problem because I created a symbolic link for the ompi_info exec file but that did not make  any difference...

tools/etfw/org.eclipse.ptp.etfw.feedback.perfsuite/data/mhpr.xml: <module name="/usr/lib/openmpi/lib/libopen-pal.so.0.0.0">

rms/org.eclipse.ptp.rm.lml.da/rms/OPENMPI/da_check_info_LML.pl:     "sys"  => "/usr/lib/mpi/gcc/openmpi/bin/ompi_info"

I have looked for troubleshooting guides or any other support assistance but have not yet found a good source for help.

Please let me know if there is a simple way to get eclipse ptp to correctly detect my version of open mpi

Thanks in advance.

Peter.

Back to the top