[ptp-user] Cannot found GDB debugger

Hi PTP users,

I'll be happy to use your experience with a problem I'm having.

I have download and installed Eclipse Oxygen.
I'm running successfully my parallel application (the WRF model) in Run mode after compiling and linking to MPICH 3.2 stable release API.

When trying the Debug mode I ran into the error :
"cannot connect the GDB"
I should make a note here that the Debug mode is stuck in the position shown in the attached figure. When clicking the "cancel" button I get the reason "cannot connect the GDB"

I'm using Ubuntu 16.04, where the GDB package and the "development tools" are installed properly.

Does anyone have any idea what's happening here ?

Thanks very much,
Kobby

--
Kobby Shpund