    Parallel Tools Platform meta package.

After I loaded SDM package on my eclipse instance everything worked just fine and I didn't have to rebuild anything.

Hopefully this posting will help some other newbie.

On 1/29/2017 10:00 AM, ptp-user-request@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

Message: 1
Date: Sun, 29 Jan 2017 07:15:09 -0700
From: Mark Carnes <mendrak@xxxxxxx>
To: ptp-user@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [ptp-user] Problems with getting SDM on a remote system [Path
	'/usr/local/bin/sdm' not found]

The "Parallel Debugging" help page says:

/To use the built-in //*SDM*//in PTP, and have it copied to the remote
target and executed, leave //*Use built-in SDM if available for the
target platform*//checked. It uses the OS and architecture from the
remote target to copy the correct SDM executable to the remote system.

/Which//is how I set up my sample debug configuration (which was based
on the run configuration).

Unfortunately I get the error: '/usr/local/bin/sdm' not found.

So it sounds like it couldn't figure out what to install.

I searched around and came up with a few articles indicating I might
need to install SDM manually, but when I found the zip file:
ptp-sdm-9.1.1.zip and extracted it, it was not at all clear what I
should build.  I did go in and find some files to compile under
org.eclipse.ptp.proxy_9.1.1.201609021634, so did a "bash configure" and
"make".  Didn't see an "sdm" file created though.

I'm sure it's close, but maybe I'm going off in the wrong direction.

I'm sure the list can help.

Thanks.