[ptp-user] Problems with getting SDM on a remote system [Path '/usr/local/bin/sdm' not found]

The "Parallel Debugging" help page says:

To use the built-in SDM in PTP, and have it copied to the remote target and executed, leave Use built-in SDM if available for the target platform checked. It uses the OS and architecture from the remote target to copy the correct SDM executable to the remote system.

Which is how I set up my sample debug configuration (which was based on the run configuration).

Unfortunately I get the error: '/usr/local/bin/sdm' not found.

So it sounds like it couldn't figure out what to install.

I searched around and came up with a few articles indicating I might need to install SDM manually, but when I found the zip file: ptp-sdm-9.1.1.zip and extracted it, it was not at all clear what I should build.  I did go in and find some files to compile under org.eclipse.ptp.proxy_9.1.1.201609021634, so did a "bash configure" and "make".  Didn't see an "sdm" file created though.

I'm sure it's close, but maybe I'm going off in the wrong direction.

I'm sure the list can help.

Thanks.

Back to the top