Re: [ptp-user] Adding/updating scripts in .eclipsesettings/rms on remote system

Greg
I ended up solving this in a different way that does not require uploading additional scripts to the .eclipsesettings directory, so this is resolved.

Dave

Inactive hide details for Greg Watson ---11/01/2016 04:52:46 PM---Dave,  Did you solve this?Greg Watson ---11/01/2016 04:52:46 PM---Dave, Did you solve this?

From: Greg Watson <g.watson@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: PTP User list <ptp-user@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 11/01/2016 04:52 PM
Subject: Re: [ptp-user] Adding/updating scripts in .eclipsesettings/rms on remote system
Sent by: ptp-user-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

Dave,

Did you solve this?

Greg
      On Oct 24, 2016, at 11:10 AM, David Wootton <dwootton@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

      Hi
      I am trying to figure out how to pass some additional command flags to the application invocation command on the remote system (start_job.pl). These flags come from a different tab in the run configuration, not the Resources tab, so updating the target system configuration XML file doesn;t seem to work.

      I have a custom target system configuration XML file, so one option is for me to update that XML file so that it invokes the startup command script I provide, and which needs to reside in a new subdirectory within .eclipsesettings/rms.

      The problem I don't remember how to solve is getting that script uploaded the first time the remote system is accessed. I remember there was a process up update a PTP plugin with the new scripts and then PTP managed getting those scripts uploaded when needed.

      Also, these scripts need to be part of my plugin. I cannot commit them to the PTP repository.

      It it possible to put them in my plugin and have them automatically updated? If so, what's the process?

      I tried looking for the JAXB/target system configuration documentation but it seems to be no longer available (or I am looking in the wrong place)

      Thanks

      Dave