[ptp-user] PTP cannot configure an application on MacOS with OpenMPI 2.0

Hi,

I have OpenMPI 2.0.1 on my Mac now through homebrew updates. Eclipse is complaining when trying to select Local for a Parallel Application: “Only supports Open MPI 1.3 or later”

Do you know if it should work with it? Can I fix it somehow to pass the configuration step in Eclipse and start debugging again?

I can’t downgrade to older MPI versions with homebrew. I tried replacing it with MPICH, but then PTP got other complaints with perl, which I could not fix. So please let’s focus on OpenMPI.

Eclipse for Parallel Application Developers

Version: 9.0.1.201509302236

$ brew info openmpi

open-mpi: stable 2.0.1 (bottled), HEAD

Thank you

Norbert Podhorszki

  Scientific Data Group

  Computer Science and Mathematics Division

  Oak Ridge National Laboratory

  Phone: (865) 574-7159