[ptp-user] Scrollbar problems with JAXB configurable resource manager

I've been doing some work on a PTP Resource Manager extension using JAXB, and have run into a problem with the way in which scrolling works.  When I size the Run Configuration Dialog smaller than its' JAXB-generated content, horizontal and vertical scroll bars appear in the resources tab.  My testing requires me to use the keyboard (up/down/right/left arrow keys and page up/down keys) to scroll horizontally and vertically.  I find that when I tab into a field off the bottom off the viewable portion of the frame, my focus control advances to that field, but the frame contents do not "scroll down" to follow it.  If I want to see my focus cursor, I need to use my mouse to adjust the scroll bar.

I tested this scenario out with some of the PTP-provided Resource Manager extensions, and am noticing the same behavior.  This will be a serious problem to a user that can only navigate with key commands.  I would like to know if the community has any suggestions on how I could work to address this problem, or if I should open up a defect against PTP instead.

Regards,

Dan FitzGerald
Staff Software Engineer
HPC Tools Development
IBM Systems

Phone:1-607-429-3772 |Mobile:1-607-205-8150 |Fax:1-607-429-4171
E-mail:
danfitz@xxxxxxxxxx
www.vm.ibm.com/devpages/dfitzger
Find me on:
LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/in/danieljfitzgerald and within IBM on: IBM Connections: https://w3-connections.ibm.com/profiles/html/profileView.do?key=de2775bf-1aec-4347-b82a-00e808337ecb
"...you can make wild ducks tame, but you can never make tame ducks wild again... We are convinced that any business needs its wild ducks. And in IBM we try not to tame them." - TJ Watson, Jr (1963)
IBM

1701 North Street
B/256-2-E009
Endicott, NY 13760