[ptp-user] SFTP & login shell access different for same connection

Hi,

I'd like to create a synchronized project which synchronizes from my laptop to a HPC cluster system that I use. I'm being flummoxed by one aspect of the cluster: login shell access and SFTP access are provided via different machines, e.g. login.example.com and sftp.example.com. It appears that PTP needs both: login for the git part, and SFTP for something I don't quite understand. (If I try to use the login server in the 'connection' I create with Eclipse, I get this error: "Remote host does not support sftp. Remote functionality requires sftp to be enabled").

Is there some way of specifying different hosts for shell and SFTP access? I can't find one in the connection configuration.

Thanks!

-Jeremy Wolcott

Back to the top