Re: [ptp-user] PTP fails to connect to debugger

Hi Tao,

I had the same problem on my Mac and the solution for this problem for me was to add an alias to the localhost in /etc/hosts file. Just add the string returned by hostname on your machine.
So mine looks like this

mylaptop:~ xyz$ hostname
mylaptop
mylaptop:~ xyz$ cat /etc/hosts
##
# Host Database
#
# localhost is used to configure the loopback interface
# when the system is booting.  Do not change this entry.
##
127.0.0.1 localhost   mylaptop
255.255.255.255 broadcasthost
::1             localhost

This allowed the debuggers to connect back to each other and start-up successfully.
Thanks to Greg Watson for this fix.

Best regards,
Norbert Podhorszki
Oak Ridge National Laboratory