[ptp-user] Re: System Monitoring && Generic Slurm Batch

On Monday, October 12, 2015 12:00:16 PM I wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have tried to use the above configuration, but the main display
> doesn't show the nodes correctly. What is needed to make that work ?
> How can I debug this issue ?
>
> BTW, it works with the same Eclipse installation for other remote
> hosts that use different batch schedulers, such as LSF.

Hi,

I made some progress in this matter. Hopefully I can now ask
more specific questions.

Somehow I stumbled over the magic letters LML (DA), and
that rang a bell with me. I sent uncle Google hunting and he
came back with https://wiki.eclipse.org/PTP/LML_DA_Driver .

On this page I found the broken link
http://llview.zam.kfa-juelich.de/LML/OnlineDocumentation/lmldoc.html
Fortunately I am sufficiently familiar with FZ Juelich matters to know
that any "zam.kfa-juelich" should better be replaced by "fz-juelich".
That worked here as well. Can I/Should I fix it myself on wiki,eclipse.org ?
(I don't want to meddle with documents that others may regard as theirs).

I guess I found the perl LML script responsible for the broken display above.
Apparently it is not totally generic, but written with Blue Gene in mind.
So it has to be adapted to Intel clusters. Not sure whether I have the time
to amend this, but suppose so and suppose it turns out that there cannot be
an one-size-fits-all LML DA driver for both Intel cluster and BlueGene.
What naming convention should I follow ? Leave "SLURM generic" to
BlueGene and put a "SLURM cluster generic" next to it ? Or rename
'SLURM generic' to 'SLURM BlueGene' - which is a disruptive change -
and keep the name  'SLURM generic'  for Linux clusters ?

Comments welcome !
--

Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Kind regards

Dr. Christoph Pospiech