Re: [ptp-user] Synchronized Project eclipse LUNA

Hi John,

thank you again for your answer.

Of course I want to compile on the remote machine, why  would I set up a synchronized project?

Maybe the note, that it is possible to start the make on a dos cmd confused a little bit. This is of course possible only local (on remote or local machine)

The user should compile local or on the remote and it should be transparent for the user. It depends on which configuration the user select, local or remote. (of course this is configured before)

The really good thing on synchronized project is, if it works like on INDIGO (windows machines and Cygwin), that the two projects, local and remote are every time synchronized if automatic sync is configured.

The funny thing is that the synchronization process works fine on both eclipse versions. Only the make call run into a wrong directory on LUNA on the remote machine. As I described before, the remote make searches every time in the Cygwin user’s home directory for the main make file Makefile.

To your last note: Why does it work with INDIGO and Cygwin on the remote windows server?

Your last note indicates for me, that something changed in LUNA so it doesn’t work anymore with remote windows server and Cygwin.

The problem is, that our compiler only work on windows machines so we cannot use Linux machines.

Because we want upgrade to a newer (newest) eclipse version, we also want to run synchronized projects as before on INDIGO.

So there are now two possibilities for eclipse:

either we stick to eclipse 3.7 INDIGO because of the working Synchronized Project or we move on to

LUNA…. and forget the synchronized project what would be a pity.

Best regards

Markus