[ptp-user] Work on a remote C++ project with Eclipse via SSH and SVN+SSH (2 remote Linux)

I have the following boxes:

a) A Windows box with Eclipse  PTP

b) A Linux box,including Compiler, accessible for me only via SSH.

c) A Linux box, including SVN Source, accessible for me only via SSH

Both the compiler and the hardware required to build and run my project is only on machine B.

I'd like to work "transparently" from a Windows box on that project using Eclipse  PTP - and be able to build, run and debug the project remotely from within the IDE.

How do I set up that:

The building will work? Any simpler solutions than writing a local makefile which would rsync the project and then call a remote makefile to initiate the actual build? Does Eclipse managed build have a feature for that? The debugging will work? Preferably - the Eclipse  PTP code indexing will work? Do I have to copy all required header files from machine B to machine A and add them to include path manually?

Back to the top