[ptp-user] Mars: Action Set Availability

Hi,

is this a bug or a feature ?

1. If you start Mars with an empty workspace, empty project, then click on
     Window-> Perspective -> Customize Perspective -> Action Set Availability
     tick on "git" and click OK then the session hangs.
     It appears that a s/w called apport is trying to notify Ubuntu developers
     that there was a java core dump. Meanwhile a window pops up asking
    me whether I allow the Eclipse developers to have a look at my Eclipse
    error reports, but this window never gets any focus (to allow for clicking
   on enable/disable) - at least not until I loose patience and kill all
    apport, java and other related processes and clean up the debris.
2. Same proceedure again (empty workspace, empty project, then click on
     Window-> Perspective -> Customize Perspective -> Action Set Availability
     tick on "git"), but now click "cancel", then at least the window asking
     me whether I allow the Eclipse developers to have a look at my Eclipse
    error reports, gets focus. I clicked on "Enable", left my name and email
    address - and it appears to upload something. - So perhaps some
    additional information should be available there under my name.
3. If I first import a project from git (so the project list is no longer
     empty) and then do the above exercise, everything goes smoothly.

Please advise whether I should open a bug report or whether the
documentation needs an update ("never enable git action set
before you have a git controlled project in the workspace").
--

Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Kind regards

Dr. Christoph Pospiech
High Performance & Parallel Computing