[ptp-user] Problem with Eclipse PTP Parallel Debug on local machine

Dear Eclipse PTP users,

hopefully you can help me. I'm using Eclipse PTP (Mars Release 4.5.0, PTP Version 9.0.0) and trying to debug a C/C++ MPI application (MPICH2) with the SDM debugger on my local computer. However, I get the error log:

8bd99387-1de2-4d66-ad9b-c3a1d7b77404: FAILED
Use of uninitialized value $response in pattern match (m//) at /home/juri/.eclipsesettings/rms/MPICH2/start_debug_job.pl line 109.
Could not attach to process.  If your uid matches the uid of the target
process, check the setting of /proc/sys/kernel/yama/ptrace_scope, or try
again as the root user.  For more details, see /etc/sysctl.d/10-ptrace.conf
ptrace: Operation not permitted.
/home/juri/Dropbox/fzj/workspace/ero2/Debug/15274: No such file or directory.
No symbol table is loaded.  Use the "file" command.
Error reading MPIR_debug_state at /home/juri/.eclipsesettings/rms/MPICH2/start_debug_job.pl line 66.
#PTP job_id=15274
[mpiexec@juri-Latitude-E6540] Sending Ctrl-C to processes as requested
[mpiexec@juri-Latitude-E6540] Press Ctrl-C again to force abort

Do you have an idea what might be wrong? My Eclipse settings for the parallel debug are:

In the tab 'Resources': Target System Configuration = Generic MPICH2 Interactive, Connection Type = Local
In the tab 'Debugger': Debugger = SDM, Stop at main() on startup = true, Debugger backend = gdb-mi, Path to SDM executable = /usr/local/bin/sdm

I installed the SDM binary as described in https://wiki.eclipse.org/PTP/release_notes/9.0#Installation

Thanks in advance!

Regards,

Juri Romazanov