[ptp-user] Environment variables on remote shells other than bash

I noticed that environment variables defined in a synchronized project properties do not seem to be set on the remote environment when the default shell is not bash.  (For example, when executing a make target.) I noticed this on NSF's Yellowstone supercomputer which defaults to the tsch shell.  Although I did not look into it, I assume this is perhaps due to defaulting to something like "export VAR=VAL" which would not work with tsch.  It should, however, be quite easy to determine the shell and set the environment variables correctly.

Rocky

Back to the top