Re: [ptp-user] Does remote debugging work for Generic Remote Interactive ?

On Tuesday 24 March 2015 12:00:11 G?bor Hertelendy <gaborherty@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi PTP users,

> I try to learn using synchronized projects in Eclipse.

> I managed to build and run a classical "Hello_world" project.

> I startde a remote debug session, but Eclipse hangs on these threads:

> Submit-interactive-debug: 5%

> Launching synchronized_hello ?: Unpacking payload?

> My environment:

> - Editor machine (Eclipse is installed here)

> Ubuntu 14.04.2 LTS

Hertusz,

if you go back a few issues back in this mailing list, you might see that

I also had a problem - presumably a different one - debugging with Eclipse

PTP, and I was able to solve it. - And I am also running Ubuntu 14.04.2 LTS.

One difference might be that I was debugging a serial program. Nevertheless I was using a parallel launch run configuration with generic remote interactive.

Is your "hello_world" a serial program ?

But my "remote" host was localhost. Assuming you have at least GNU compilers on "localhost" as well, can you try whether the error prevails when using localhost ? Then at least the Ubuntu - centos difference is out of the game.

--

Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Kind regards

Dr. Christoph Pospiech

High Performance & Parallel Computing

Phone: +49-351 86269826

Mobile: +49-171-765 5871

E-Mail: cpospiech@xxxxxxxxxx

Attention: Effective January 1st, 2015 I'm transitioning to Lenovo.

My new Email address will be: cpospiech@xxxxxxxxxx

Geschäftsführung: Bernhard Fauser

Sitz der Gesellschaft: Stuttgart

HRB-Nr.: 25189, AG Stuttgart