Re: [ptp-user] debugging locally with PTP synchronized project

On Sunday 22 March 2015 14:18:13 Dr. Christoph Pospiech wrote:

> On Saturday 21 March 2015 12:00:10 Greg Watson <g.watson@xxxxxxxxxxxx[1]>

> wrote:

> > See this FAQ:

> > https://wiki.eclipse.org/PTP/FAQ#Q:_How_do_I_customize_an_existing_Target_

> > ystem_Configuration.3F

> Greg,

> thanks for your patience so far. I am afraid I have to bug you again.

> I did as instructed in the FAQ and created a new target configuration

> <resource-manager-builder [...]

>    name="Generic Remote Interactive 4dbg">

> Then I created a new line 25 like this -

>                         <arg>--server=0</arg>

> - as instructed in an earlier post.

> Then I created a new run configuration with target system "local" and

> target configuration "Generic Remote Interactive 4dbg".

> Not surprising - just running the program goes fine.

> I said "Not surprising", because I didn't change the

> <submit-interactive [...] > [...] </submit-interactive>

> section.

> But starting a debug session with the same executable and parameters

> ends up in the following error message.

> PTPDebugCorePlugin Debug Configuration Error

Correction - please disregard my previous post.

I found the solution -

I had to go to the "debugger" tab in the debug configuration setup.

Presumably it is enough just to visit this screen, but I also added

the path to gdb as "/usr/bin/gdb" in the advanced section.

Anyway, suddenly it worked !

Thanks for the support !

--

Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Kind regards

Dr. Christoph Pospiech

High Performance & Parallel Computing

Phone: +49-351 86269826

Mobile: +49-171-765 5871

E-Mail: cpospiech@xxxxxxxxxx

Attention: Effective January 1st, 2015 I'm transitioning to Lenovo.

My new Email address will be: cpospiech@xxxxxxxxxx

Geschäftsführung: Bernhard Fauser

Sitz der Gesellschaft: Stuttgart

HRB-Nr.: 25189, AG Stuttgart