Re: [ptp-user] debugging locally with PTP synchronized project

On Saturday 21 March 2015 12:00:10 Greg Watson <g.watson@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> See this FAQ:

> https://wiki.eclipse.org/PTP/FAQ#Q:_How_do_I_customize_an_existing_Target_S

> ystem_Configuration.3F

Greg,

thanks for your patience so far. I am afraid I have to bug you again.

I did as instructed in the FAQ and created a new target configuration

<resource-manager-builder [...]

name="Generic Remote Interactive 4dbg">

Then I created a new line 25 like this -

<arg>--server=0</arg>

- as instructed in an earlier post.

Then I created a new run configuration with target system "local" and

target configuration "Generic Remote Interactive 4dbg".

Not surprising - just running the program goes fine.

I said "Not surprising", because I didn't change the

<submit-interactive [...] > [...] </submit-interactive>

section.

But starting a debug session with the same executable and parameters

ends up in the following error message.

PTPDebugCorePlugin Debug Configuration Error

Does that mean that something is still wrong with my xml file ?

The complete xml-section now looks like this.

<submit-interactive-debug name="submit-interactive-debug" directory="${ptp_rm:executableDirectory#value}" waitForId="false" keepOpen="true">

<arg>${ptp_rm:debuggerExecutablePath#value}</arg>

<arg>${ptp_rm:debuggerArgs#value}</arg>

<arg>--server=0</arg>

<pre-launch-cmd name="Cleanup" exec="rm -f routing_file" wait="true"/>

<post-launch-cmd name="SDM Master" exec="${ptp_rm:debuggerExecutablePath#value} --master --generate_routes=${ptp_rm:control.address#value} ${ptp_rm:debuggerArgs#value}" wait="false"/>

</submit-interactive-debug>

Please help ! Thanks !

--

Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Kind regards

Dr. Christoph Pospiech

High Performance & Parallel Computing

Phone: +49-351 86269826

Mobile: +49-171-765 5871

E-Mail: cpospiech@xxxxxxxxxx

Attention: Effective January 1st, 2015 I'm transitioning to Lenovo.

My new Email address will be: cpospiech@xxxxxxxxxx

Geschäftsführung: Bernhard Fauser

Sitz der Gesellschaft: Stuttgart

HRB-Nr.: 25189, AG Stuttgart