[ptp-user] PTP synchronized projects with C++ and Python

Hi,

perhaps this is a pydev issue rather that a PTP issue, but I am

adding it here for information and as a work around.

I have a PTP synchronized project that features a Python script

(with MPI parallelization) calling some modules that are written

in C++.

If I set it up as a C++ PTP synchronized project, and I open

a Python source file, pydev complains about Python not being

configured. Same happens if I try to convert it to a pydev project.

In the end I teared down my entire eclipse workspace.

Then did these steps in the following order

* import from git as a general project,

* convert to a pydev project (configuring the Python interpreter)

* convert to a C++ Project

* convert to a PTP synchronized project

Having pydev as the second step in this list seems to do the trick.

--

Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Kind regards

Dr. Christoph Pospiech

High Performance & Parallel Computing

Phone: +49-351 86269826

Mobile: +49-171-765 5871

E-Mail: cpospiech@xxxxxxxxxx

Attention: Effective January 1st, 2015 I'm transitioning to Lenovo.

My new Email address will be: cpospiech@xxxxxxxxxx

Geschäftsführung: Bernhard Fauser

Sitz der Gesellschaft: Stuttgart

HRB-Nr.: 25189, AG Stuttgart