[ptp-user] debugging locally with PTP synchronized project

Hi,

I remember that there have been zillions of posts about debugging under

PTP synchronized projects. Hopefully I am adding something new here :-)

I am using Eclipse for Parallel Application Developers

Version: Luna Service Release 2 (4.4.2)

Build id: 20150219-0600.

I have a synchronized C++ project, Synchronize -> Set Active is "local".

My C++ application is only OpenMP parallel - actually, it is serial,

as I am compiling with "-g" and I have commented out the call to omp_get_num_threads(). I am compiling with g++ 4.8.2 .

As this is a serial project and I am running local, I am using the run

configuration "C/C++ project" (as opposed to "Parallel Application").

This works without problems.

But when I start the same as debug configuration, an error window

pops up with a message as follows.

Error with command: gdb --version

Cannot run program "gdb": Unknown reason

On the command line I am getting the following.

cp@sirius:~$ which gdb

/usr/bin/gdb

cp@sirius:~$ gdb --version

GNU gdb (Ubuntu 7.7.1-0ubuntu5~14.04.2) 7.7.1

There is NO WARRANTY, to the extent permitted by law. Type "show copying"

and "show warranty" for details.

This GDB was configured as "x86_64-linux-gnu".

<http://www.gnu.org/software/gdb/documentation/>.

For help, type "help".

Type "apropos word" to search for commands related to "word".

Is this something I should expect ?

How to work around that problem ?

--

Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Kind regards

Dr. Christoph Pospiech

High Performance & Parallel Computing

Phone: +49-351 86269826

Mobile: +49-171-765 5871

E-Mail: cpospiech@xxxxxxxxxx

Attention: Effective January 1st, 2015 I'm transitioning to Lenovo.

My new Email address will be: cpospiech@xxxxxxxxxx

Geschäftsführung: Bernhard Fauser

Sitz der Gesellschaft: Stuttgart

HRB-Nr.: 25189, AG Stuttgart