Re: [ptp-user] synchronize project error: path spec 'Automatic' did not match any file(s) known to git.

Ok. Not sure what fixed the problem but I did two things and now everything looks to be working.

1) I upgraded to git 2.1.2 on the linux server.
2) I explicitly put the full path to the git executable in
preferences -> Remote development -> Synchronized projects -> Git binary locations.

Thanks for the hints that helped.

Rene