From: Koch, Mark PENC:EX
Sent: Wednesday, September 03, 2014 1:51 PM
To: 'ptp-user@xxxxxxxxxxx'
Subject: looking for help to configure interactive debug on luna

Hi PTP users,

I have a question regarding Debug Configurations on the Luna release.

I am having difficulty setting-up a remote synchronized project for the “hello world.cpp” example in PTP. The problem I am running into is that when the debug configuration is launched, it hangs at the point “submit-interactive-debug” (35%) when it is “Submitting the job”.  I can see it has started an sdm process on the linux host but eclipse just waits and eventually times out. I do not have this problem running with the previous “kepler” release.

I have installed the latest versions of eclipse (luna 4.4) and SDM 8.01 (built on the remote linux system).

I am running eclipse on Windows 7 64 bit machine connecting to a x86 linux server (redhat 2.6.18-371.11.1.el5 )

Debug Configuration is:

Resources:

Target System Configuration: Remote-Generic-Interactive

Connection Type: Remote (set up to connect to linux host)

Application

  Project: hello

  Application program: <path>\hello.sh   (this shell just calls ./hello.exe)

Copy Executable from local filesystem – NO

Path to local executable – <none>

Display output from all processes in a console window – YES

Arguments

  Program Arguments – <none>

 Use default working directory – YES

Debugger

  Debugger – SDM

Stop at main() on startup – YES

Debugger Backend – gdb-mi

Use built-in SDM if available for the target platform – NO

Path to SDM execuatbale  <path to sdm>/sdm

Advanced Options

  Use default session Address – YES

      Session Address – localhost

      Path to gdb executable - <none>