Re: [ptp-user] Problem Debugging MPI program PTP

Dave,

This might be related to bugs 327302, 332394, or 345327.

Greg

On Aug 18, 2014, at 8:24 PM, David Wootton <drwootton@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Sorry, I just re-read your emails and noticed you were running the PI sample program (Fortran) on localhost. I just tried this myself and am seeing some errors

I'm getting the following output to stderr a minute or so after I launch the debug session

*** Error in `/home/dave/.eclipsesettings/sdm': double free or corruption (out): 0x000000000227bf70 ***
close failed in file object destructor:
sys.excepthook is missing
lost sys.stderr
close failed in file object destructor:
sys.excepthook is missing
lost sys.stderr

After a while I get a popup 'Error on tasks 0: Partial _expression_ evaluation error! Reason: Time out for this request a couple times and some 'writes: Broken pipe' messages to stderr.

Are you seeing anything like this? You may need to launch Eclipse from a Linux terminal window to see the stderr messages. If you launch Eclipse from a desktop icon you probably won't see any messages.

What Fortran version are you running? I'm using the Intel Fortran compiler 14.0.2

Do you get different results with other MPI programs written in C?

Dave