[ptp-user] Eclipse luna@Ubuntu trusty tahr(14.04): Customize Perspective flaws

Hi,

I brought my system up to Ubuntu trusty tahr(14.04), opened an Eclipse workspace and found that the Customize Perspective window was broken -

Only the central part of "Tool Bar Visibility is displayed, the rest of tabs and buttons - including "cancel" and "OK" are gone.

I scratched my whole eclipse luna installation, all workspaces, all .project, .cproject, .pydevproject, .settings, .ptp-sync and $HOME/.eclipse, downloaded a fresh copy, upgraded from http://download.eclipse.org/tools/ptp/updates/luna and retried - no avail.

Then I tried to click around a bit in the empty space - and blindly hit the cancel button - the window closed. I reopened the window and played blind mans buff trying to hit the invisible tabs above the main window part :-) I was finally successful to hit the "short cut" tab - and all tabs and buttons appeared - and I managed to customize my perspective as originally planned.

The flaw is eventually reproducible, so I had another round of experiments. I found out that resizing the "Customize Perspective" was a faster and more reliable way to bring the window into normal state.

Could it be that this is a result of a bad combination of Desktop default fonts, screen size and default window size ? If so, it might be hard to reproduce at another site. How could we turn that into a proper bug report ?

--

Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Kind regards

Dr. Christoph Pospiech

High Performance & Parallel Computing

Phone: +49-351 86269826

Mobile: +49-171-765 5871

E-Mail: christoph.pospiech@xxxxxxxxxx

IBM Deutschland GmbH / Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrats: Martin Jetter

Geschäftsführung: Martina Koederitz (Vorsitzende), Reinhard Reschke, Dieter Scholz, Gregor Pillen, Christian Noll, Ivo Koerner

Sitz der Gesellschaft: Ehningen / Registergericht: Amtsgericht Stuttgart, HRB 14562 / WEEE-Reg.-Nr. DE 99369940

Back to the top