Re: [ptp-user] Fwd: [photran] Monitoring and managing jobs

Dear Gianluca,

you could specify your tag as part of your job name with the "-N" option
in your PBS batch script (e.g. #PBS -N simulation_1000). When submitting
jobs via PTP you can also specify the job name via the job submission
GUI. To show the job names in the "Active Jobs" table you have to
right-click on the table header (the header, which contains the column
names like step, owner, queue and so forth) and enable the "name"
column. Afterwards, run a refresh to fill the name column with actual data.

Then you can filter your jobs by the tags, which you have included in
your job names. Therefore, click on the triangle in the upper right
corner of the "Active Jobs" view and select Filters. Here you can define
for instance that the name attribute needs to match with a certain
string (e.g. simulation_1000). The job table is filtered accordingly as
soon as you click "ok".

Submitting hundreds of jobs via PTP should be fine when thinking about
the performance. However, it is probably not the most comfortable
solution. Note, that you should be able to monitor and cancel jobs
submitted manually directly to the batch system.

Best regards,

Carsten