Re: [ptp-user] Slurm doesn't work?

Searching the list I found this reference to slurm.

Q1 : The XML files referred to - where are they? I cannot find these in my eclipse tree anywhere (kepler, ptp 7.0.5)

Q2: If I wanted to attempt to add debug support for slurm, where would I find examples and what are the basic steps outlined.

although mpich is not supported, slurm makes it known via env vars which nodes the job is running on, so there ought to be a way of telling eclipse where/how to attach the debugger (naïve?).

Any pointers welcome (he says hopefully)

JB

As far as I know, there is no debugging support for SLURM. Searching for submit-interactive-debug in the target configurations only finds:

ibm-platform-mpi-interactive.xml
mpich2-generic-interactive.xml

openmpi-generic-interactive.xml
pbs-bgp-batch.xml
remote-generic-interactive.xml

edu.sdsc.trestles.torque.interactive.openmpi.xml

It’s not particularly difficult to add debugging support, provided the job scheduler supports interactive jobs and either Open MPI or PE is being used as the runtime (MPICH2 is not supported currently). Let me know if you’re interested and I can point you at some examples.

Back to the top