Re: [ptp-user] Does anyone use PTP on the STAMPEDE.TACC mechine?

Chao --

The cluster module loads a compiler and mpi stack (type "module show cluster"). So when you then try to do it again, Lmod protests.

The TACC hierarchical software stack puts unfair pressure on ptp's "Manage Synchronize Configurations". I don't know of a way to pull off what you're trying to do on TACC systems using this mechanism, because the hierarchy requires that you load modules on TACC systems in a specific order. Instead, I recommend one of two approaches:

1. Build a default collection of modules using "module save" (see module help for more info). Then you'll have that collection loaded automatically whenever you ssh to Stampede.

2.  Supply your own submission script rather than have ptp build it. In that submission script, manage all modules. With this approach you have access to all of Lmod's commands (e.g. swap). You can start with "module reset" if you want (again, I recommend steering clear of module purge on TACC systems). Or you can load a default collection or named collection with "module restore" (for your personal default) or "module restore mycollection" (where "mycollection" is the name of your favorite collection).

For very subtle technical reasons, you generally should not load modules in startup files on TACC systems.

Regards,

Doug