Re: [ptp-user] Does anyone use PTP on the STAMPEDE.TACC machine?

On Monday, April 14, 2014 18:26:44 Doug James <djames@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> In general, "module purge" is a bit dangerous on TACC systems. If you use

> it, load a compiler (e.g. module load gcc) before loading an mpi stack. To

> see all gcc compilers, try "module spider gcc"; similarly with intel.

> A safer approach is to replace module purge with "module reset", which loads

> the generic default environment. If you do this, you'll have the default

> intel compiler loaded, and the associated version of mvapich2. You can use

> "module swap" to get a different compiler.

> Regards,

> Doug James

Doug, Chao,

if I am not mistaken, the "module purge" is automatically added when setting up the module configuration via Project Manager -> Synchronize -> Manage... -> Use an environment management system...

Also, in this setup, modules are loaded in a prescribed order which - at least sometimes - defies dependencies among the modules. I am also running on a system where I am hit by this setup.

My work around is as follows. First define modules in a "best can" way through "Use an environment management system...". Then tick the "Manually specify ..." box just below. I am getting a window showing

"module purge; module load ...; module load ..." in a single line. I can then edit this module set up string. --- Finally I am adding a "module list" at the rightmost end of it - because the environment configuration script /tmp/ptpscript_xxyyzz is no longer printed when doing a manual specification.

Hope that helps !

--

Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Kind regards

Dr. Christoph Pospiech

High Performance & Parallel Computing

Phone: +49-351 86269826

Mobile: +49-171-765 5871

E-Mail: christoph.pospiech@xxxxxxxxxx

IBM Deutschland GmbH / Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrats: Martin Jetter

Geschäftsführung: Martina Koederitz (Vorsitzende), Reinhard Reschke, Dieter Scholz, Gregor Pillen, Christian Noll, Ivo Koerner

Sitz der Gesellschaft: Ehningen / Registergericht: Amtsgericht Stuttgart, HRB 14562 / WEEE-Reg.-Nr. DE 99369940

Back to the top