Re: [ptp-user] PTP and valgrind

On Wednesday, February 19, 2014 22:40:29 Dr. Christoph Pospiech wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I just tried to deploy valgrind from within a Eclipse PTP session. My
> mileage  varied a lot. Eventually, I ended up using valgrind from command
> line. This is what I found. Did I overlook something important ?
>
> * There is an Eclipse plugin for valgrind (as part of the Linux tools
> package), but it appears to support only serial (C/C++ ?) applications.
> (and it is also sprouting java NPEs).

Hi,

eventually, I am now using valgrind in conjunction with PTP. By that I mean
the following.

1. I am using compilation as usual.
2. I am making a copy of an existing run configuration (works with interactive
and batch configurations; I tried successfully with IBM PE and OpenMPI). Then I
move the name of the executable to the argument tab. The new executable now is
/usr/bin/valgrind.
3. The arguments for valgrind (also in the argument tab, preceding the name of
the executable) should contain
 --log-file=valgrind.log.%q{OMPI_COMM_WORLD_RANK}
(OMPI_COMM_WORLD_RANK being replaced by MP_CHILD for IBM PE).
4. PTP synchronization copies the valgrind logs back to the local system.

What I am missing is the access to the valgrind log parser that appears to be
the core of the ordinary Eclipse valgrind support as mentioned above.

Does anyone know how to direct the Eclipse valgrind support to the valgrind
logs that were generated on the remote system ?

Presumably, this question needs to be cross-posted on a different Eclipse forum
or mailing list. Any suggestions as to what mailing list that should be ?
--

Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Kind regards

Dr. Christoph Pospiech
High Performance & Parallel Computing
Phone: +49-351 86269826
Mobile: +49-171-765 5871
E-Mail: christoph.pospiech@xxxxxxxxxx
IBM Deutschland GmbH / Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrats: Martin Jetter
Geschäftsführung: Martina Koederitz (Vorsitzende), Reinhard Reschke, Dieter
Scholz, Gregor Pillen, Christian Noll, Ivo Koerner
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Ehningen / Registergericht: Amtsgericht Stuttgart, HRB
14562 / WEEE-Reg.-Nr. DE 99369940

Back to the top