Re: [ptp-user] Issues with remote includes and remote indexing

>java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/eclipse/core/runtime/RegistryFactory
Are you sure your server jars, and your client eclipse, are the same matching versions?
Looks like something's calling a class that doesn't exist.
7.0.3 is indeed the latest released version.  Is your eclipse client that, as well?

Hopefully Chris R can answer further.

...Beth

Beth Tibbitts

On Thu, Feb 13, 2014 at 1:49 PM, Eugene Smolenskiy <e.smolenskiy@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi,

I've been having a difficult time trying to get remote indexing working with my Remote C++ Project.

I have the following installed:

Eclipse Kepler with CDT
Eclipse PTP 7.0.3

On my remote Solaris host I have RDT Server 7.0.3.

I have the RDT Remote Fast Indexer turned on and selected in my project properties.

I am able to complete remote builds successfully by invoking the remote Makefile.

I thought that the indexer would search all the sub-folders in my project to find the *.cc and *.h files for indexing, but that doesn't seem to be happening.

I tried to manually add the folders that contain source files in the "Remote Paths and Symbols" preferences (using the Select Remote Directory dialog), but it doesn't seem to change anything, and I see the warning:

"The selected folder does not exist or is not accessible"

I saw somewhere on this list to try and specify UNC style paths (prepending the path with //<connection_name>, but this doesn't work and causes my server to crash (partial trace):

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/eclipse/core/runtime/RegistryFactory
        at org.eclipse.core.runtime.Platform.getExtensionRegistry(Platform.java:882)
        at org.eclipse.cdt.internal.core.UNCPathConverterImpl.loadUNCPathConverters(UNCPathConverterImpl.java:49)
        at org.eclipse.cdt.internal.core.UNCPathConverterImpl.toURI(UNCPathConverterImpl.java:87)
        at org.eclipse.cdt.internal.core.pdom.indexer.FileExistsCache.isFile(FileExistsCache.java:62)

Does the location of the index file relative to where the project files have anything to do with it?

Any and all help would be massively appreciated.

Thanks!