[ptp-user] Environment and Remote Include Paths for synchronized C++ project?

Hi All,

My student Nate and I are writing a C++ program using HDF5.  We downloaded the default HDF5 build, since the system build on our cluster (Oakley) did not have C++ bindings.

The default build is precompiled and comes with a compiler wrapper named “h5c++” that has hardwired include and library paths.  When logged into Oakley, all we have to do is:
export PATH=$PATH:/<path-to-local-hdf5-copy>/bin
…and we can compile our program using h5c++.

I am forcing Nate to use Eclipse :-)  So, I was working a setting up a new synchronized project in PTP for him that would:
	1.  update the path in the environment so his Makefile could just use h5c++
	2.  add the header files to the remote includes in the project so that the indexer would find them.

For the environment setting, I originally went to the “Synchronize” panel in the project properties.  I selected “Use an environment management system” and “Manually specify environment”.  Then, I just put the path update (export PATH=$PATH:/<path-to-local-hdf5-copy>/bin) in the box.  I clicked Apply and OK.  I tried to build, but the environment was not changed!  I then went to “C/C++ Build”/Environment and added PATH as an environment variable.  Why wouldn’t Synchronize work here?

Second, I added the remote path (//oakley/<path-to-local-hdf5-copy>/include) in “C/C++ General”/“Preprocessor Include Paths” in the GNU C, and then the GNU C++.  However, the indexer is not resolving symbols from the library.  It is not even resolving cout or std::string.  How can I know the C++ indexing is working and not just the C?

Any help appreciated.

With kind regards,
Dave
---
David E. Hudak, Ph.D.          dhudak@xxxxxxx
Interim Director of Supercomputer Services
Ohio Supercomputer Center
http://www.osc.edu
OSC is a member of the OH-TECH Consortium
http://www.oh-tech.org

Back to the top