[ptp-user] synchronization trouble

On Tuesday, February 04, 2014 12:23:17 ptp-user-request@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> How can I reset my local workspace to match the remote one (which is right)
> without wiping all and restarting?

Hi,

I occasionally reset PTP synchronization, but I am using the *local* copy as a
reference copy, i.e. the local copy has the correct information and is kept
under revision control using a .git subdirectory next to the .ptp-sync
directory. I am not sure whether the following recipe can be extended to
starting from a remote copy.

This is my recipe.
1. Switch active synchronization to local and then shut down Eclipse.
2. ssh to remote host(s), and on each of them completely scratch the remote
copy. Potentially even remove parent directories to have them recreated.
3. If your local top level .gitignore contains additions from you, execute
  3a. mv .gitignore save.gitignore
  3b. find . -name .gitignore -exec rm {} \; -print
  3c. mv save.gitignore .gitignore
If not, executing just step 3b is fine.
4. locally, rm -rf .ptp-sync
5. Edit local copy of .project, remove the line containing "remoteSyncNature"
 (usually third line counted backwards from the end of the file).
6. Potentially clean up the local copy from unwanted files.
7. Restart Eclipse and use "new->Remote->Convert C/C++ project into
synchronized project" and follow wizard instructions.
The remote hosts are still there, but you have to reenter the remote
location(s) and the sync filter rules.

Hope that helps !
--

Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Kind regards

Dr. Christoph Pospiech
High Performance & Parallel Computing
Phone: +49-351 86269826
Mobile: +49-171-765 5871
E-Mail: christoph.pospiech@xxxxxxxxxx
IBM Deutschland GmbH / Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrats: Martin Jetter
Geschäftsführung: Martina Koederitz (Vorsitzende), Reinhard Reschke, Dieter
Scholz, Gregor Pillen, Christian Noll, Ivo Koerner
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Ehningen / Registergericht: Amtsgericht Stuttgart, HRB
14562 / WEEE-Reg.-Nr. DE 99369940

Back to the top