Re: [ptp-user] SDM doesn't find the source code

It sounds like gdb is not able to debug the Intel compiled executable correctly (see previous email.)

If you enable "Debug engine" tracing, you should see the commands sent to gdb and the responses (note these use the MI protocol, not normal gdb commands - see http://sourceware.org/gdb/onlinedocs/gdb/GDB_002fMI.html#GDB_002fMI for more information.)

You might get an idea about what is going wrong from this.

Greg

On Nov 12, 2013, at 1:59 PM, Christoph Pospiech <Christoph.Pospiech@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On Tuesday, November 12, 2013 12:00:07 Christoph Pospiech wrote:
> I try to use SDM on the remote side, setting a break point and proceed all
> MPI  ranks to this break point. The execution suspends, but the the source
> code view shows
> * one tab with the correct source code hello_par.c
> marking the line 11 with the break point in green
> * one tab with header
> "1 main() hello_par.c:11 400803"
> and window contents "source not found"

Actually, I did some more experiments, also with a Fortran example. There is always the extra tab with <file name>:<line number> in the header, and
<file name>:<line number> always point to the correct break point.

So, break points *sort of* work.

What doesn't work at all is "group step into" and "group step over", which seem to execute a "group proceed to next break point". And the variable values are just bogus.

Any one any idea what goes wrong here ? I noted that there is a menu Window -> Preferences -> Parallel Tools -> Debug -> SDM and you can toggle some tracing info. If you tick everything, you are drowned with information. So I would need some instructions on what information to look at (or to provide into a bug report).
--

Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Kind regards

Dr. Christoph Pospiech
High Performance & Parallel Computing