Re: [ptp-user] MPI

hello again,

thanks Greg!  always with the appropriate response.

now how do you create  "a Parallel Application run configuration"?

Regards
Wissam Khalil

On Oct 24, 2013 6:23 PM, "Greg Watson" <g.watson@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Just to clarify, PTP supports the following MPI implementations:

Open MPI - launching and debugging
MPICH2 - launching only

To launch either of these, you need to create a Parallel Application run configuration, then choose the appropriate target configuration (either Open MPI-Generic-Interactive or MPICH2-Generic-Interactive).

OpenMP is a different programming model that uses threads. The PTP debugger supports debugging threaded MPI applications, so hybrid MPI/OpenMP programs should work.

Regards,
Greg