[ptp-user] Remote parallel debugger won't initialize.

I've got an issue with starting up the debugger (using Kepler, Linux, x86) that doesn't seem to correspond to anyone else's problem. I'm working on a system where the cluster and the workstation share a file system, so I do all my editing locally, then run using a remote session. It runs fine (though it won't output to the console until I kill the job for some reason).

Now wen I set up the debugger, I use the same parallel settings. I've got the SDM executable sitting in one of my PATH directories. However, when I try to execute a debug session, it dies immediately, and I get this:

363a2069-bf31-46f5-88d9-40f907256d3c: FAILED
#PTP job_id=21990

mpirun noticed that process rank 0 with PID 21994 on node quad40 exited on signal 8 (Floating point exception).

Not sure why I'd be getting a floating point exception. Anyone run into a similar issue and can help?

--

Joshua Strodtbeck, PhD | Research Engineer

Convergent Science

O: (608) 831-3811

Never make a mesh again!

Back to the top