Re: [ptp-user] Can't get indexer to work

On 07/15/2013 04:29 PM, Steven R. Brandt wrote:
I can't get the remote indexer to work. In my example, I set the include path to

the include path in
    Project Properties > C/C++ General > Paths and Symbols > GNU C
Sorry, that's in Preprocessor Paths and Symbols, and "Filesystem" is selected.
is set to
    //queenbee/usr/include/mpich2-x86_64

Where queenbee is the name of my connection. I verified the connection by modifying files in the synchronized project and observing the changes on the remote machine. I rebuild the index, etc. but all I see is errors and typing F3 on the mpi.h include line fails.

Windows > Preferences > C/C++ > Indexer

Always shows the message "The currently displayed page contains invalid values." If I click on something else, say File Types, then click on Indexer again I see a checkbox ("Enable Indexer") , a chooser with "C/C++ Indexer" and "RDT Remote Fast Indexer". Regardless of what I pick, on this page, none of the values will show up again when I return.

I'm running on Fedora17 with the Oracle JDK, version 1.6.0_30. I am using the latest updated Kepler.

The log contains this, possibly relevant, message:
!ENTRY org.eclipse.jface 4 2 2013-07-15 16:24:09.786
!MESSAGE Problems occurred when invoking code from plug-in: "org.eclipse.jface".
!STACK 0
java.lang.IllegalArgumentException
at org.eclipse.core.resources.ProjectScope.<init>(ProjectScope.java:57) at org.eclipse.cdt.internal.core.pdom.indexer.IndexerPreferences.getProjectPreferences(IndexerPreferences.java:296) at org.eclipse.cdt.internal.core.pdom.indexer.IndexerPreferences.getReindexOnIndexerChange(IndexerPreferences.java:457) at org.eclipse.cdt.ui.dialogs.IndexerBlock.initializeIndexerCombo(IndexerBlock.java:365) at org.eclipse.cdt.ui.dialogs.IndexerBlock.createControl(IndexerBlock.java:241)

Any idea what I'm doing wrong?

Cheers,
Steve

Back to the top