Re: [ptp-user] converting a C project to synchronized project

On Monday, July 08, 2013 13:19:14 John Eblen <jeblen@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> The build location is the location of the active sync configuration. (In

> Kepler, there are no local or remote build configurations, because they are

> meant to specify only how the build is done, not where.)

> So to do a local build, switch the sync configuration to 'Local', which

> will then automatically switch the build configuration to the specified

> default for 'Local'. (The relationship does not go the other way, however.

> Switching build configurations does not change the sync configuration.) So

> in general, for Kepler, it is helpful to think about sync configurations

> first and build configurations second.

> John

John,

thanks !! Changing the active sync configuration does the trick !

I'll have to get used to it, though.

I would suggest that this hint of yours (switch sync configuration, not build configuration) should be marked in bold face and red ink in the documentation. If it is not yet in there, it should be added. I am sort of sure that every Iuno user will stumble over that, if he or she (like me) is quietly assuming that the changes are non-disruptive or even backward compatible.

--

Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Kind regards

Dr. Christoph Pospiech

High Performance & Parallel Computing

Phone: +49-351 86269826

Mobile: +49-171-765 5871

E-Mail: christoph.pospiech@xxxxxxxxxx

IBM Deutschland GmbH / Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrats: Martin Jetter

Geschäftsführung: Martina Koederitz (Vorsitzende), Reinhard Reschke, Dieter Scholz, Gregor Pillen, Joachim Heel, Christian Noll

Sitz der Gesellschaft: Ehningen / Registergericht: Amtsgericht Stuttgart, HRB 14562 / WEEE-Reg.-Nr. DE 99369940

Back to the top